2012年2月8日水曜日

Where To Buy Bulk Memphis Style Barbeque

where to buy bulk memphis style barbeque

Memphis-Style Barbecue Turkey Burgers

We've been on a grilling kick recently, and this weekend was no different. But instead of just making some regular turkey burgers, I decided to spice our burgers up a bit last night.

I'm a Memphis girl, and barbecue is one of my favorite foods. Where I come from, pork is king, and we don't "do" beef barbecue. That just goes against what Memphis barbecue stands for. (No offense, Texas friends.)

While I've never made my own barbecue before because it was readily available for me to pick up when we lived in Tennessee, I'm getting close to the point of needing to give it a shot. But despite the fact that I've never made my own, I have a mini barbecue spice and sauce arsenal at our home. My husband can attest to the fact that we have a variety of different barbecue sauces – all from Memphis barbecue joints, mind you – and a variety of different Memphis-style barbecue rubs. The one thing they have in common? They are all delicious and remind me of home.


So, with this in mind and experiencing a mini-barbecue craving, I whipped up this recipe. Although this breaks the whole Memphis 'pork is king' mindset, the turkey held up well to the taste and satisfied my barbecue craving.

(No, I don't have preparation shots because, let's be honest, who wants to see lots of raw meat? Not this girl.)

You start off with a pound of lean ground turkey in a clean glass bowl. Throw in bread crumbs, finely minced onion, barbecue sauce and spices. Mix these together with your hands (or with a spoon, I suppose) until all the ingredients are incorporated into the meat.

Form the meat into four burgers, and cook these on the grill until they are cooked completely through.

Serve on a bun with fresh spinach and honey mustard sauce. I know, it sounds so strange, but it is SO DELICIOUS. Trust, friends.


Memphis-Style Barbecue Turkey Burgers

Recipe type: Entree

Author: Erin @ The Speckled Palate

Prep time: 5 mins

Cook time: 10 mins

Total time: 15 mins

Serves: 4

Sweet and spicy turkey burgers that are guaranteed to make a splash the next time you fire up your grill!


  • 1 lb. lean ground turkey
  • 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
  • 3 Tablespoons Memphis-style barbecue sauce
  • 1/2 cup finely minced white onion
  • 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  1. Place the ground turkey into a glass bowl.
  2. Add the bread crumbs, barbecue sauce, onion and spices.
  3. Mix with your hands until all ingredients are incorporated into turkey.
  4. Divide the turkey into four portions and make those into four burgers.
  5. Grill for about 10 minutes or until burgers are cooked through.
  6. Serve on hamburger buns (or whole wheat sandwich pockets!) with fresh spinach and honey mustard sauce.
  7. Enjoy!

1.

These are our most popular posts: where to buy bulk memphis style barbeque

How to Make Memphis Style Dry Rub and Hollow (BBQ) Sauce ...

25 Responses to "How to Make Memphis Style Dry Rub and Hollow (BBQ) Sauce". rldel149 says: 11/10/2011 at 08:10. @rdramjet - no, no cant say I have. I use the Apple for the flavor. It lowers the ph without really giving too ... read more

Memphis style BBQ sauce recipe

Memphis style BBQ sauce recipe. Try hundreds of other recipes for barbecue sauce! ... The Webs Best BBQ Sauce Recipes. Home The Basics ... give it a try. If all else fails well you can always buy a good jar of gourmet barbecue sauce. read more

Buy Crock pots rival For sale 20-80% off: Mouth Watering Memphis ...

While some bodies cant delay to dip the ribs in their admired barbeque sauce, others adore the authentic acidity of aloof the meat and rub seasoning. Memphis appearance ribs are ... While the affection of the meat is added important the Memphis Style, allotment which cut is up to the alone and the occasion. The best accepted pork rib is the St. Louis ... is best to get your dress-down started. Once you accept hot dress-down advance them out and put a bloom bulk of your chips down. ... read more

Memphis-Style Barbecue Turkey Burgers

My husband can attest to the fact that we have a variety of different barbecue sauces – all from Memphis barbecue joints, mind you – and a variety of different Memphis-style barbecue rubs. The one thing they have in common? ... I want to host a party so I can make those in bulk and serve them. And mostly, eat them. Reply ... and I feel you on it being too hot. I cannot wait for the fall, but that wont come here until at least October, so were trying to get used to the heat… read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿